Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham all remain in the market for major transfers as the new Premier League season draws ever near. The Gunners have now agreed personal terms with David Raya, as talks with Brentford over the goalkeeper continues, while interest in Khvicha Kvaratskhelia and Mohammed Kudus remains.
The Blues are plotting a double Brighton raid for Moises Caicedo and now keeper Robert Sanchez, and a fresh round of talks over signing both are under way. Lesley Ugochukwu has joined and Axel Disasi could be confirmed today, while Leeds’ Tyler Adams is a new name on the list along with Liverpool target Romeo Lavia. Interest in Crystal Palace’s Michael Olise is ongoing.
Manchester United will today confirm the £72million arrival of Rasmus Hojlund from Atalanta, the striker arriving after Harry Kane was not interested. Kane, who is being tracked by Bayern Munich, is prepared to discuss a new contract at Tottenham should he not leave the club before the end of next week. Follow all the latest transfer news, rumours and gossip live below!
Spurs add Orban is transfer wishlist
Tottenham have made young striker Gift Orban a summer target should Harry Kane leave.
The Mail reports that Orban is attracting plenty of interest across Europe after scoring 20 goals in 22 games since joining Gent in January.
Bayern Munich continue to be in talks over signing Kane, who has told both parties that he will remain at Spurs if no deal is agreed before August 13 when Spurs play Brentford in their first game of the season.
Orban is keen to move to the Premier League, though it remains to be seen how much the young talent will cost given his Gent contract runs for four more years.
Arsenal agree Raya contract
Arsenal have agreed a contract in principle with David Raya, writes Nizaar Kinsella.
The Spain goalkeeper is keen to move to the Emirates Stadium this summer after agreeing a long-term deal and has told Brentford of his desire to complete the transfer.
Arsenal are ready to begin club-to-club talks after Tottenham and Bayern Munich both walked away from potential deals over Brentford’s £40million asking price.
It remains unclear what a move for Raya would mean for current Gunners No1 Aaron Ramsdale.
Read more here!
Chelsea ponder Tyler Adams move
Chelsea are growing frustrated with their attempts to sign Moises Caicedo and have identified two new midfield target.
With Rennes midfielder Lesley Ugochukwu having joining, the Blues are reportedly weighing up a move for Leeds’ Tyler Adams.
The Times report that the American international is of interest to Mauricio Pochettino and could be available for just £20million due to Leeds’ relegation.
Ajax’s Edson Alvarez, who was a target in January, remains of interest, along with Southampton’s Romeo Lavia and Celta Vigo starlet Gabri Veiga.
Hojlund ‘conducts first Man United interview’
Rasmus Hojlund has conducted his first interview as a Manchester United player after passing a medical.
The 20-year-old is set to become Erik ten Hag’s third summer signing, after Mason Mount and Andre Onana, after a deal worth a remarkable €75m (£64m) plus £10m (£8m) in add-ons was on the weekend agreed with Atalanta.
Hojlund said goodbye to his former team-mates soon after and on Tuesday flew into Manchester to finalise the move, having already agreed a five-year deal, with the option of an additional year.
Fabrizio Romano says Hojlund has now completed the routine medical tests and the first part of his media duties ahead of likely being unveiled on Wednesday.
Hojlund is in line to make his debut on the weekend.
Read more here!
Liverpool fail with second Romeo Lavia bid
Liverpool have seen their improved offer for Romeo Lavia rejected, reports claim.
The Reds are said to have tabled a fresh bid to Southampton for the teenage Belgian international of £41m, having seen an opening proposal worth £37m snubbed last month.
The relegated Saints are believed to want £50m for ex-Manchester City starlet Lavia, also linked with Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United, and have rebuffed Liverpool’s second offer as well.
Liverpool are also said to have made contact with Brazilian club Fluminense over their midfielder Andre.
Amrabat sends new message amid Man United chase
Sofyan Amrabat leaving Fiorentina this summer is not a done deal, it would appear.
Manchester United have been most heavily linked with the Morocco midfielder, who also has big interest from Saudi Arabia.
However, Amrabat has now claimed that he could be willing to stay with the beaten Europa Conference League finalists for another season yet.
Asked if he would leave Fiorentina after Tuesday’s 4-0 friendly win over Grosseto, the 26-year-old told Italian news agency ANSA: “I don’t know, I could remain.”
Chelsea weighing up Dusan Vlahovic offer
Chelsea are said to be weighing up Juventus’ latest approach regarding Dusan Vlahovic.
Standard Sport reported earlier today that the Blues had been offered the Serbian striker in exchange for the unwanted Romelu Lukaku, plus a significant fee.
The Guardian say that number is around €40m, with Chelsea said to be currently deciding whether or not to alter their stance on Vlahovic having already rejected one approach from Juve this summer as they look to offload the former Fiorentina marksman and Arsenal target.
West Ham ready to end Ward-Prowse talks as Ajax get Borges
West Ham are ready to walk away from transfer talks over James Ward-Prowse, while they will not be signing Carlos Borges after all.
Southampton captain and set-piece specialist Ward-Prowse has long been identified as a key target for the Hammers this summer, as part of plans to replace talismanic captain Declan Rice following his blockbuster £105million switch to London rivals Arsenal.
Negotiations have been ongoing after an initial bid was rejected earlier in the window, with the England midfielder, 28, believed to be keen on a move to West Ham as he looks to seal an immediate return to the Premier League following Southampton’s relegation to the Championship last season.
There were previously discussions over whether Flynn Downes could even move in the opposite direction as part of the deal.
Read the full story here
Pochettino expecting busy end to Chelsea transfer summer
Pochettino is obviously expecting a busy end to the summer for Chelsea…
“I am not disappointed because when we signed we already knew we would find this situation,” he said of their incoming transfer business so far in this window.
“I am not disappointed, I am happy in the way the club is working, us included. Nothing to say different. Of course, working hard to try to finish the squad as soon as possible
“We all understand and know in the last few weeks of the transfer window maybe some things are going to happen. Always it is better to have everything closed before but not only us, for different clubs also, we continue to try to finish and to close the squad in the way that we want.”
Pochettino offers new Chelsea transfer update
Mauricio Pochettino will “define” the futures of Chelsea youngsters Andrey Santos, Cesare Casadei and new signing Lesley Ugochukwu in a post-tour meeting in London.
The Blues boss will sit down with co-sporting directors Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart after his squad returns from their trip to the United States.
Chelsea are currently undefeated in pre-season despite Pochettino previously describing the squad as “incomplete” with an average age of around 22.
Ahead of one final pre-season friendly test against Borussia Dortmund in Chicago on Wednesday night, Pochettino said he is ready to sit down and decide the futures of a host of young players.
Read the full story here