QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A 22-year-old from Queensbury was arrested following a traffic stop on I-87 on August 22. State Police say the driver, Gaven M. Wasson, was driving impaired.
Police located multiple felony-weight controlled substances, an illegal quantity of cannabis, and drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle. Wasson was charged with:
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the second-degree
- Two counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the third-degree
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the fourth-degree
- Criminally Using Drug Paraphernalia
- Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs
- Unlawful Possession of Cannabis
- Vehicle and Traffic Law violations
Wasson was evaluated by a Drug Recognition Expert and a sample was taken to determine the drug content of his blood. He was transferred to the Warren County Correctional Facility to await arraignment.