An explosion closed down the North Providence Pool and Fitness Center last Friday.
Fire Chief John Silva told WJAR that it happened around 8:30 a.m.
“The Jacuzzi was approximately risen 4 foot above where it was installed, it was underground,” he added.
The damage cause cracks through the building and the main pool was drained as a precaution.
There were no injuries reported as both the jacuzzi and pool were empty at the time.
Authorities determined that the explosion was caused by an underground buildup of chlorine gas.